If you've ever wondered how you can help out a mom with a brand new baby, here are some helpful suggestions:
1) Offer to take a meal. Ask for specifics on food likes/dislikes/allergies, and then set a date. Bring the meal in dishes that can either be kept or thrown away.
2) Offer to grocery shop. But don't say, "If you ever need any groceries, let me know." Instead, call her and tell her you are going to the grocery store, and ask if she needs anything. I like to call the mom I am delivering a meal to and ask if she needs milk or diapers or bread.
3) Call her around 9:00 a.m. and ask if you can bring her a coffee. When she refuses, give her a minute to think and then ask again, because you could really use a coffee and you might as well get two as one!
4) Tell her you would like to do her laundry, clean her kitchen, sweep a floor on a specific day. Again, set up a date, don't leave it out there for "sometime."
5) If she is not a first time mom, tell her that your kids would like to play with hers (or that you just want to play with her kids) and then pick them up and take them somewhere for a few hours. Bring them home with full bellies.
6) Find out if she needs a ride to the doctor, or if she needs someone to watch her kids while she has a doctor appointment.
If you have any more suggestions, please leave a comment!
Linked up to:
Titus 2sdays at Time Warp Wife
A Little R & R